Thursday, January 14, 2016

Happy Oscar Nomination Day!

Welcome film buffs and fans of me! It's time for Oscar Gluttony once again!

I decided that it would be a good idea to watch every film nominated for an Academy Award. In every category. Each year I eagerly await the nominees so I can ingest them all in a full blown film feeding frenzy! Do I believe the Oscars are always the best films ever made? No, not really. But do they provide me with a list which feeds my obsessive, compulsive need to complete things? Yes!!!! They absolutely do!!!

The Nominations for this year's Academy Awards were announced this morning and you can view the complete list here. It is a smaller pool of films this year, with the same titles nominated in multiple categories. Consequently, I have only 29 films and 15 short films to watch to get caught up! Super easy, right?

The biggest surprise to me was all of the love for Mad Max:Fury Road. I'm thrilled for a blatantly feminist (and therefore controversial) action movie to get recognized. I guess I just never imagined the Academy would consider something like that. And it got 10 nominations!

The Hateful Eight did not receive as much love as I thought it deserved. Sorry, Tarantino, I think George Miller took your spot. However, I was sure they would snub Adam McKay and I was wrong! He got nominated for The Big Short.

I'm most excited to see The Revenant and least excited about watching Eddie Redmayne again. But I look forward to chasing down these titles and telling you all about them!

The Oscars air on February 28th, so let's get our eyeballs on some movies!

1 comment:

  1. Look forward to this year's, favorites and predictions :-)

    ReplyDelete