Sunday, March 4, 2018

That's a Wrap!

I can't believe I thought about not doing the challenge this year! I managed to see every nominee in every category! My first time getting through 100% of the nominees!

Since I just picked up the last nominee today, here's my review: The Breadwinner had beautiful animation and it was super hard to watch how the Taliban tears families apart. Ok, done! Whew!

How can I best recap my adventure?

I love the Movie Pass...I recommend you look into it if you are likely to watch one movie in the theatres per month. That membership saved me so much money this month!

I ate a lot less popcorn this year after my Ferdinand binging mishap. I also slept through sizable chunks of more films this year; whether it was due to a busy schedule or old age setting in, only time will tell.

I love just showing up for a movie that I know nothing about and settling in for the ride. I should do that at other times during the year, as well.

I hope the staff of the Laemmle Theatre doesn't get too concerned about me when I stop showing up several times a week...maybe I should send word that I'm ok?

Now there's nothing left but to set up camp on the couch and watch hours of Oscar coverage and cheer on Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway to finally get it right this year!

I am going to declare my favorites in every category now. DO NOT use this for your Oscar polls! I am always wrong.

Actor, Leading: Gary Oldman, Darkest Hour
Actor Supporting: Sam Rockwell, Three Billboards
Actress, Leading: Frances McDormand, Three Billboards
Actress, Supporting: Allison Janney, I, Tonya
Animated Feature: Coco
Cinematography: Bladerunner 2049 and Darkest Hour, tied.
Costumes: No opinion. But one woman, Jacqueline Durran is nominated for TWO of these spots! I think she needs to share.
Directing: Jordan Peele, Get Out
Documentary: Faces Places
Documentary Short: Heroin(e)
Film Editing: I, Tonya
Foreign Language: On Body and Soul and The Insult, tied.
Make Up & Hair: Darkest Hour
Music, Score: Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Music, Song: Remember Me, Coco
Best Picture: Get Out
Production Design: The Shape of Water
Short Film, Animated: Lou
Short Film, Live Action: The Eleven O'Clock
Sound Editing: Baby Driver
Sound Mixing: Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Visual Effects: Star Wars: The Last Jedi
Writing, Adapted: Call Me By Your Name
Writing, Original: The Big Sick

Thank you for reading! Thank you for cheering me on! Happy Oscars!

No comments:

Post a Comment