Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Oscars 2020: The Game Has Changed!

The Academy has decided to hold their Oscar Awards ceremony a full month earlier this year, on February 9th. Let's set aside for a moment that putting "The Big Movie Event" one week after "The Big Sporting Event" is messy and inconvenient for me personally. What this means for all of us here at the Oscar Glutton Blog (just me) is that we (again, just me) have a much shorter span of time in which to achieve total Oscar-nominated-movie-viewing domination. 

This makes the game a bit different, if just as deliciously challenging. My focus this year is to GUESS as many of the nominations before hand so I can frontload my viewings before the actual nominations are announced on January 13th.

Movies I have gorged myself on over the past couple of months are as follows:

Parasite 
Jojo Rabbit
The Irishman
Dark Waters
Queen & Slim
Star Wars: Rise of Skywalker
Uncut Gems
Bombshell
Marriage Story
Little Women
Rocketman 

I will leave the nominees for Original Song to be my last viewed films, as I have been considering eliminating them from the game for a few years now. I often watch a whole film just to hear the nominated song play over the closing credits. If the song is not even part of the story telling, then I'm not really sure why it should matter to me. So I'm prepared to deprioritize those as needed.

Five days left until nominations! What do you think will be nominated? Give me your best guesses as I try to get ahead. Your help would be greatly appreciated by all of us (me)!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment