Thursday, February 13, 2014

A couple for the Costumers...

I saw The Great Gatsby a long time ago.  I remember loving the look of it and the feel of the story-telling.  I remember not being at all invested in the lives of these crazy, rich jerks and I was totally ok with that.  I sat on the outside watching them live their sort of petty dramas and wondering what on earth was wrong with them?  If any two people in that story had simply been open and honest with each other they might have gotten somewhere, but instead you watched fairly dishonorable people stoically suffer in order to defend their imaginary "honor".  Whatever, rich dudes!  Mo' money, mo' problems, I guess!  But they did look great doing it!

The Invisible Woman was a fine story about Charles Dickens and his secret lover.  However, I was terribly confused by the timeline of this movie because they forgot to ever age Felicity Jones.  The whole movie takes place in flashbacks and she visibly doesn't age more than five years throughout. Maybe she is allergic to make-up or something.  In the last few minutes of the film I realized it should have taken place over a couple of decades at least.  Oh, well, the costumes were fine and I was glad I saw it.

No comments:

Post a Comment