Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Short Reviews

Animated Reviews by guest reviewer, Viviana

Feral - What was it about?

Get A Horse! - It was really funny.  I recommend it.

Mr. Hublot - It was ok, but I wouldn't say it was the best.

Possessions - It was really cool. I liked that he helped and they gave him gifts he made for them.

Room on the Broom - I really loved it. It was one of the best short films because it had funny characters and also I liked how the animals all worked together to help the witch.



Live  Reviews by Autumn

Aquel No Era Yo - This one felt unnecessarily brutal.

Avant Que De Tout Perdre - Was a great little study in suspense.  It could have you used one shot of summation.

Helium - Poured it on a bit too thick.

Ptaako Mun Kaiki Hoitaa -So fun! It's about my life.

The Voorman Problem - Star power mixed with plot holes.



Short Doc Reviews by Autumn
These films were a powerful punch and have stayed with me more than any of the feature films I have seen this year.

Cave Digger - Stunning! Great story, great visuals.

Facing Fear - Powerful story of healing, forgiving and moving forward.

Karama Has No walls - My least favorite.  Too similar to The Square, a long doc.

The Lady in Number 6 - Mind Blown!  Three old ladies telling me thy are grateful for the experience of being Jewish, in camps in the Holocaust has threatened to disrupt my whole world view.

Prison Terminal - Humanity can be beautiful and compassionate in the craziest of circumstances. How many films leave you with that?




No comments:

Post a Comment