Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Three Animated Films


Movie: Boss Baby
Nominated for: Animated Feature
How I watched: In the Theatre
When I fell asleep: I do think I dozed, albeit briefly.
Thoughts: Not my favorite. I had a few laughs but mostly I took the kids so I could sit in the air conditioning when it was hot out. I remember the radio commercials talking about some big twist ending. I was mildly excited to see what that might be, but no dice. The promised twist never came.


Movie: Ferdinand
Nominated for: Animated Feature
How I watched: In the Theatre
When I fell asleep: Sat in the front row, so no!
Thoughts: Here's what I have to say about this movie: I ordered a large bucket of popcorn to share with the kids. Then I asked for a tray. She offered me my free refill of popcorn right then. My mind said no, but my body said yes. The kids shared one giant popcorn and I proceeded to eat 90% of the other one by myself. I love theatre popcorn. I like to tell myself it's not bad for me because I get it without butter. But that afternoon, I gave myself one of the worst stomach aches of my life. I was doubled over in misery! And now I have been forced to stop eating movie theatre popcorn, at least for now. All because of Ferdinand. Curse you, Ferdinand!

The movie? It was fine. Pretty cute, actually.


Movie: Coco
Nominated for: Animated Feature, Original Song
How I watched: In the Theatre
When I fell asleep: No way!
Thoughts: So. Moving. So. Beautiful. This is one of those really special Pixar flicks that really makes you think more deeply about family and destiny and who your heroes really are. It balanced thoughtful and funny and even some intrigue and mystery I didn't see coming. I can't see anything else winning this category.

No comments:

Post a Comment