Saturday, February 8, 2020

That's A Wrap!

Thank you to everyone who reads Oscar Glutton, comments, likes, shares, chats with me about the movies or just thinks about them. This is such a fun ride for me every year and I'm tickled that so many are willing to take it with me.

I DID achieve Oscar greatness this year by watching 53 of the 54 films nominated. I did NOT achieve Oscar perfection. ONE movie eluded me; Corpus Christi will not be available until the end of the month. It's not my fault, reader, I did the best I could!

There are movies I never would have watched that I am so glad I did; Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, Honeyland, For Sama. There are movies that I was right about not wanting to see: Breakthrough, Maleficant, Richard Jewel. There are movies that didn't get nominated that I still need to go watch; The Farewell, Hustlers, Dolemite is My Name, Portrait of a Lady on Fire.

My personal top twelve (why's it gotta be ten?) of the year looks something like this:
Parasite
Jojo Rabbit
Harriet
Booksmart
Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood
Marriage Story
Knives Out
Frozen II
Captain Marvel
Little Women
Ready or Not
Doctor Sleep

I'll list my Oscar picks and my favorites, in that order.

Best Picture: 1917, Parasite
Director: Sam Mendes, Bong Joon Ho
Actor: Joaquin and Joaquin
Actress: Renee Zellweger, Cynthia Erivo
Supporting 1: Brad Pitt, Joe Pesci
Supporting 2: Laura Dern, Scarlett Johansson
Original Screenplay: Parasite, Parasite
Adapted Screenplay: Joker, Jojo Rabbit
International Feature: Parasite, Parasite
Animated Feature: Missing Link, Missing Link?
Documentary Feature: Honeyland, Honeyland
Score: Joker, 1917
Song: Rocketman, Harriet
Cinematography: 1917, 1917
Costume: Joker, Jojo Rabbit
Editing: Ford V Ferrari, Parasite
Make Up: Joker, Bombshell
Production Design: OUATH, Parasite
Sound Editing: Ford V Ferrari, OUATH
Sound Mixing: Ford V Ferrari, OUATH
Visual Effects: 1917, 1917
Animated Short: Hair Love, Hair Love
Live Action Short: Saria, Nefta Football Club
Documentary Short: Learning to Skateboard in a War Zone (if you're a girl) X 2 

Everyone is getting ready for the show! Celebrities have started starving themselves and getting expensive beauty treatments. Also, a lot of celebrities are passing away this week; is it weird that I keep feeling worried for the person trying to finalize the memorial package for the Oscar broadcast? And sad for their families, too, sure. 

I've got my Prosecco chilling and my couch warming (the cat is on that task)! I hope you all enjoy a totally gratuitous evening of Hollywood celebrating itself! Thanks again! See you next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment