Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Oscar Nominations 2022! The game has begun.

I almost threw in the towel this year. About a month ago, I just had no desire to be the Oscar Glutton. Two years of pandemic, a year of home construction and a general waning faith in the ability of humans to do anything but disappoint me was weighing me down and making me feel like there was no point. YOU know what I mean; you've struggled with the exact same human emotions at some point in the past two years (or maybe are feeling it right now) so I'm not telling you anything shocking.

However, home construction is drawing to a close, Omicron is maybe getting bored with us and I just remembered there are humans who do NOT disappoint me and some of them are you, my readers!

So, I'm back! I intend to watch every movie nominated in every category before the Oscars Award Ceremony airs, or get as close as I can. I started bingeing every highly rated movie on ALL my streaming services a couple weeks ago, just in case I decided to return to full Gluttony. The nominations have been announced and I can imagine the possibility of maybe venturing to a theatre once in the next month? I mean, only if it is mid-day and I am wearing two of my government issued N95s, because I am still cautious AF, but it is a possibility.

I didn't even know the nominations were coming out today! I thought it was going to drop after the Super Bowl. So here is the full list of nominees, if you are interested.

I have seen 4 of the 10 Best Picture Nominees, and 16 out of 37 movies total. I can (probably) do this.

My favorite title is Lunana: A Yak in the Classroom. I have questions already!

My biggest disappointment is that they didn't nominate the song Just Look Up from Don't Look Up. Any song that includes the lyric, "Get your head out of your ass and listen to the goddamn qualified scientists" deserves consideration in my opinion.

Let me help you out if you are looking to watch the Big 10. Here's where you can find them:

Belfast - Rent on Prime

CODA - Apple TV

Don't Look Up - Netflix

Drive My Car - In Theaters, not streaming so far

Dune - Rent on Apple TV

King Richard - Rent on Prime

Licorice Pizza - Prime

Nightmare Alley - HBO Max

The Power of the Dog - Netflix

West Side Story - Coming Soon to Streaming supposedly

Ok, we're off like a herd of turtles, as my grandfather used to say! Go watch a movie!


No comments:

Post a Comment