Friday, February 20, 2015

Begin Again - Best Original Song

I was dreading watching any of the Original Song nominees, basically because I hadn't heard of them. Begin Again was a really great surprise. Starring Keira Knightley and Mark Ruffalo, I wasn't sure why I hadn't heard of this movie but it was a totally great mid day viewing. It's about struggling with love and the music business and even though that sounds dreadful, it wasn't.

I think I really appreciated that it wasn't your typical "Oscar nominated film" and I have had it up to here with those movies right now. This wasn't important. It wasn't overly arty. It wasn't pushing its actors to any grotesques extremes. It was just a little story with interesting characters and some music thrown in and to add to my enjoyment, it managed to avoid being overly cheesy or predictable. Perfect for my needs on a Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment