Saturday, February 7, 2015

Unbroken - Cinematography, Sound

Dear Friends at home,

I am sad to report I am stuck in Oscar doldrums and don't know when I may see daylight again. I am tired and starting to feel mean. When will I love a movie again? Everything makes me feel "meh" in my bones.

It is hard on the front lines. The movie theatre today smelled like collard greens. Who brings greens to the theatre? And the guy behind me couldn't stay in his seat because he was obviously going to the bathroom to smoke out. This task is not as glamorous as I once had hoped.

The movie was Unbroken. It was predictable and then boring and then predictable again. And the whole time, the music was screaming at me how I should feel. There were a couple of beautiful shots but it wasn't worth the olfactory assault. I wanted to like it more! I truly did. I shall try again tonight. If you don't hear from me tomorrow, perhaps I have succumbed to this Academy malaise. I love you all! Go see Birdman! or Selma!

With Regret,

The Oscar Glutton

1 comment:

  1. It's always a bummer when a true and amazing story like this is rushed to the screen without the proper time to develop into something half as great as the content.

    ReplyDelete