Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - Visual Effects

Dawn of the Planet of the Apes! Oh, my! So many apes! Too many for my human-loving self. How can I make myself care about them? I really just can"t. I feel bad for not being able to buy into this fantasy world, but I guess it's just not my cup of tea.

I was really tired for the screening of this film. In order to stay awake I did jumping jacks, somersaults and an old timey prospector dance (I viewed it at home, in case you are wondering.) It helped me stay awake but sadly, did not increase my interest in the plot.

I would like to say that they mastered the main ape, Caesar. He is awesome. They really are onto something special with his facial expressions, mannerisms and obvious intelligence. It is subtle and striking. But after ten minutes I am done feeling awe for that particular aspect and left with a blur of other apes and a smattering of trouble making humans.

If apes riding horses with machine guns is your very favorite thing, this one is a must see!

No comments:

Post a Comment