Thursday, February 19, 2015

Movies with long titles that contain colons.


The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

Ugh. Do I really have to review this one?

It's not that I didn't like The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, but the whole Hobbit franchise just makes me feel weighted down. Remember The Lord of the Rings Trilogy? Remember when we saw these same movies done better and with higher stakes? Those were good times.

The main reason this film was worthwhile for me was the chance to see Galadriel go all bad-ass and fight evil while looking like some sort of zombie witch. That was amazing! She wields her powers exactly how I wish I could wield mine. Well, I mean, if I had powers, of course. Because no part of me believes I am actually an ancient Elfin Wizard Witch with beautiful golden hair or in any way related to one. Just to be clear.

The rest of the film was spent just trying to comfort my nine year old daughter who had read the book and loves the story but reacted to every part of the film as if her very own life was in danger and I know will suffer some sort of PTSD from the experience. Geez! Why do I have a kid who gets so wrapped up in movies and absorbs herself completely into the story? I guess there's no way to know for sure.

Um, what is nominated for? Sound? Yeah, the sound was pretty good, actually.


 X-Men: Days of Future Past

UUUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHHH!

Guess who's not a fan of the X-Men?

Here is my positive feedback.

I tolerated watching this film. Michael Fassbender was in it. It looked cool when the skinny kid went so fast that everyone else was in suspended animation, so I guess I know why it was nominated for Visual Effects.

Next!

No comments:

Post a Comment