Friday, March 8, 2024

American Symphony

 

Movie: American Symphony

Running Times: 1:43

Nominated for: Original Song

How I watched: Netflix

When it had me: John Batiste is magnetic

When it lost me: I don't think it did

What systems does it challenge: Tough question, Autumn. This one just seems to be about living.


So I told my kid to watch this one with me because it woudln't be one of those devastating docs. Just to be sure we checked the trailer first and found out its not simply about John Batiste putting together the performance of American Symphony at Carnegie Hall, it's also about his wife battling cancer while that is happening. So my kid was out.

I found this a touching journey through life with inspirational glimpses of the deep passion for creating, strong and supportive connection between two artists, resiliency in the face of adversity and celebration of what is here to be enjoyed today. It was a kind and gentle ride through a crazy time in the life of these two creators. And now I really want to be able to sit down and watch the entire American Symphony as it was performed.

No comments:

Post a Comment