Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Get out of your Iron Lung...and into some Helen Hunt!

Just a little marketing idea I came up with.  You're welcome, Hollywood.

The Sessions was poignant and moving with some lovely messages; don't give up on yourself and don't underestimate the power of love.  The acting was strong from Helen Hunt, William H. Macy and John Hawkes, as well as the minor characters, such as Moon Bloodgood and Annika Marks.

I enjoyed the story very much and oddly it was the priest I felt sorry for as he was the only one not getting any physical love.  This one kind of throws me for a loop, as far as a nomination.  Helen Hunt was great but I think there were a lot of great performances over the course of a year in film.  Usually Oscar is looking for astoundingly good bits of work, or at the very least, an actor who made a complete physical transformation.  I'm guessing she is getting extra points for the full frontal, but I don't know.  Maybe as I come to the end of all of these Oscar-worthy performances I am getting numb to really exceptional work.  Perhaps I need to palette cleanse with Houseguest before my final push.




No comments:

Post a Comment