Sunday, February 17, 2013

I knew it!

I always feel a bit queasy when people take the stand that anyone in the armed forces is automatically a hero and must be heaped with praise and a multitude of thanks.  I understand this makes me a bad person.  But I feel that enlisted people are also just people and maybe they aren't all awesome?

Well, The Invisible War proved me right!  And who doesn't like to have their point of view validated?  Actually, honestly, I didn't.  Watching that movie was awful.  Another Oscar doc has proved to me what a horrible world we live in, filled with unremarked injustices.  This time, the alarming rate of rape in the military and an unforgivable culture that allows no recourse or justice.

The only good news is that Leon Panetta got off his butt and changed things two days after seeing the movie.  Holy crap!  Don't ever think that all film making is fluff!  And my husband and I signed petitions after we saw it, because we are well off white people, so what else would we do?  I really hope these film makers focusing their lense on this topic will do some good in our life time.

No comments:

Post a Comment