Sunday, February 26, 2017

Animated Features

Kubo and the Two Strings - I thought this movie was as close to perfect as anything I have seen all year. Beautiful to look at, poignant, sweetly humorous with a satisfying story and a wonderful message. I don't know what more you can ask for?

Moana - Funny and light with a great feminist hero, I enjoyed this movie a lot. My kids enjoyed it even more! There was something slightly empty about it, though? I liked it and them immediately started forgetting about it and probably won't ever need to see it again.

Zootopia - We saw this one so long ago! We loved it for its sharp sense of humor and inventive world. It was a really engaging adventure story and my friend Navin Pinto worked on it! Isn't he amazing? I think so, too. This one is a family favorite because of Flash the Sloth alone. He is the greatest animated character of the year!

The Red Turtle - A film about a castaway making a whole life on a remote island. The whole film is done without dialog. The character of the red turtle is the most visually interesting thing in the film, so yeah, I got a little bored. It is kind of a slow meditation on life, at times beautiful and at times perplexing. It mostly presents as a fairly realistic story so the few times that it crosses over into magic left me a little confused.

My Life As A Zucchini was not available for me to view.

No comments:

Post a Comment