Saturday, February 4, 2017

Viggo Mortenson in Captain Fantastic

Here's what you need to know about Captain Fantastic, folks! My friend Trin Miller is in it! You know what Trin does? She makes beautiful, dreamy, kissy faces at Viggo Mortenson! How crazy cool is that??? She is the muse of his world and she lives in his memory and his dreams and she inspires him and motivates him and makes him so...well, fantastic! Trin does that! She's so lovely and so good in this movie!

Is there anything else I need to talk about? Viggo is the one nominated for it, strangely. He did a good job, too. Mostly because Trin gave him such a solid anchor, I'm guessing.

The film asks interesting questions about the "system of civilization" that we have all bought into and whether it really works toward achieving the greatest of human potential. Spoiler: it doesn't! But even so, choosing an alternate system creates its own challenges, as it does for the family in this film and compromises and adjustments must be made. I appreciated that the film was able to ask me these questions and push me to think about these issues without turning judgmental or angry. It's a very enjoyable look at one very interesting family trying to make its own choices! And also? Trin is great! Did I say that yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment