Sunday, February 26, 2017

Wrap Up

I made it through my Oscar Gluttony! Now all that's left is the exaggerated celebration and self-aggrandizement of the evening itself! I'm so excited for dresses, political speeches, gaffes and good food as I sit at home and pretend I don't want to be in Hollywood!

Out of a possible 61 nominated films, I saw 57 of them! (That's totally an A if you are wondering. Which you weren't, because nobody cares about that, right? Not me. I don't.)

Good news: Oscar is definitely less white this year. Bad News: I can only come up with 19 movies that pass the Bechdel test! I would have thought there were more.

Nominations that I was sad to see overlooked:

Emily Blunt in The Girl on the Train
Manchester By the Sea for editing
Hell or High Water and Silence for Directing

And here are my picks for each category:

Actors - 
Casey Affleck 
Mahershala Ali
Emma Stone
Naomie Harris

Films - 
Best - Moonlight 
Animated - Kubo and the Two Strings
Foreign - The Salesman
Documentary - 13th

Cinematography - Silence

Costumes - Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 

Directing - Kenneth Lonergan (Manchester By the Sea)

Editing - Moonlight

Make Up - A Man Called Ove

Music - 
Score - Moonlight
Song - Moana

Production Design - Hail, Caesar!

Shorts - 
Animated - Piper
Doc - The White Helmets 
Live Action - Timecode

Sound - 
Editing - Arrival
Mixing - Arrival

Visual Effects - Rogue One

Writing - 
Adapted - Moonlight 
Original - Manchester by the Sea

Enjoy the Oscars, everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment