Saturday, March 6, 2021

Ok, 2020, what's it going to be?

My first big problem with the Oscars of 2021 is that it is based on the films of that already infamous year, 2021-minus-one.

So, what is the Oscar Glutton blog going to be this year? What am I going to do? What is the Academy going to do? All I can be sure of is that I do NOT know what to expect.

What do we know so far? Nominations announced March 15, 2021. Oscar Awards are on April 25, 2021.

I'm studying lists of predicted nominees, preparing to pre-watch my eyes out. And I'm counting my challenges as they pile up, as follows:

-Coronavirus: closing theatres, disturbing release schedules, weighing on my mind

-Planned construction on my home, leaving me fewer rooms in which to screen movies

-Too many streaming platforms for me to cover

-No Laemmle Theatre to nurture and support me every step of the way

-Only 41 days between nominations and the ceremony

-I'm in the LAST group to be vaccinated, so I've got to do this thing in isolation

-Political unrest is VERY distracting for me

However, the whole purpose of the Oscar Glutton Goal is to challenge. So, I'm just going to dive in and see what happens. Join me as I joyfully try and fail!

No comments:

Post a Comment