Thursday, January 17, 2013

Another Oscar for the Mantel

Honestly, who is going to sneak up and snatch the Oscar away from Daniel Day-Lewis for his portrayal of Lincoln?  It's going to be super exciting if a contender emerges, but I just don't see it happening.  And what a blow to all those other good acting performances this year.  "Great, I just had to get my film released the same year as Daniel's!"  This could have been the only real shot for some of the other nominees this year, but nope, not going to happen now.

The acting was so compelling that I didn't even sort-of fall asleep.  And it was the second movie I saw that day.  And it was a late showing!  I was captivated by it and it had been a long time since I said that about a Spielberg film.  A favorite moment of mine is when some politician runs from the room in a panic to avoid hearing another of Lincoln's stories.  Because you know that's right.

2 comments:

  1. I think he's a lock too, even though I really want Joaqun Pheonix to win. DDL is always brilliant but it took me 2 minutes into The Master to forget I was watching an actor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope I get to see The Master. It's not playing anywhere as of now but I've got my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete