Thursday, January 10, 2013

My Mission...

It's only 38 films!  Why is that?

Well, first of all, I used to make my total count by nomination, so for example, Lincoln would count as 13 films, but I'm not doing that anymore because it is too confusing.

Secondly, I got ahead of the game and saw a bunch of these films over the holidays because I knew the crunch was coming!

Finally, it seems like a lot of films were nominated in several categories this year.  Usually,  the Sound Editing and Sound Design categories are peppered with sweet gems like Transformers and Robot Boxing (or whatever that dreadful Hugh Jackman flick was called.)  This time those categories are filled with the same films that are nominated for film and acting, etc.

This list includes short films.  I can hopefully catch a Laemmle screening that covers those categories.  The list is pretty much what I expected with the fun little addition of Snow White and the Huntsman and Mirror Mirror!  I've already notified my husband to schedule some work travel because I feel a Snow White double feature coming on!

Here's my full list:


5 Broken Cameras
A Royal Affair
Adam and Dog
Amour
Anna Karenina
Asad
Beasts of the Southern Wild
Buzkashi Boys
Chasing Ice
Curfew
Death of A Shadow
Flight
Frankenweenie
Fresh Guacamole
Head Over Heels
Henry
Hitchcock
How to Survive a Plague
Inocente
Kings Pointe
Kon-Tiki
Les Miserables
Mirror Mirror
Mondays at Racine
No
Open Heart
ParaNorman
Prometheus
Redemption
Searching for Sugar Man
Snow White and the Huntsman
The Gatekeepers
The Impossible
The Invisible War
The Master
The Sessions
War Witch
Zero Dark Thirty

No comments:

Post a Comment