Saturday, March 26, 2022

Four Good Days

Movie: Four Good Days

Nominated for: Best Original Son
How I watched: Apple TV
When I fell asleep: No
When it had me: Eh
When it lost me: Eh
What I have to say:
Every year, Diane Warren personally sees to it that I end up watching a film that is nominated solely for one of her songs. You never know where her music will pop up; often times it is not in the big nomination getters, but in outlying films.

This movie is about Glenn Close trying to get her adult daughter, Mila Kunis, off of drugs. I find these stories very moving because it is so gut wrenching to see families that simply lose a person to addiction. Once lost, they are so hard to recover!

The acting was solid, the plot drove forward and I felt a great deal of buy in and suspense as to whether their plan would work or not. All of this being said, I'm not sure why I don't feel like this was a GREAT movie. It felt more like a really amazing made for TV movie or a super grown up after school special. I guess its just a solid, workmanlike film that didn't quite transcend. If you like these actors, it's totally worth a watch.


No comments:

Post a Comment