Wednesday, March 23, 2022

Three Movies I Barely Remember ( Animated Edition): Luca, The Mitchells vs. The Machines, Raya and the Last Dragon

Disclaimer: The following are movies watched during pandemic times from which I have trouble recalling specifics.


Movie: Luca

Nominated for: Best Animated Feature
How I watched: Disney+
When I fell asleep: No
When it had me: Italy!
When it lost me: Mai (Never)
What I have to say:
This was a fun and totally beautiful movie! Silenzio Bruno was such a great battle cry, except that now we don't talk about Bruno, so that got confusing. It was a fun reminder not to automatically fear and try to kill those who are different from you and whom you don't understand. I remember liking all of the characters.


Movie: The Mitchells vs. The Machines

Nominated for: Best Animated Feature
How I watched: Netflix
When I fell asleep: Never
When it had me: All the way
When it lost me: No way
What I have to say:
Utterly wacky style! Like watching an ADHD brain exploding and trying to tell you everything all at once. So fun to take in information in all the different ways they communicate in this one. I remember that this was truly funny and that the story tellers absolutely LOVED all of these characters and treated them with such care and respect. Super heart warming and my kids were thrilled with some LGBTQ representation.

Movie: Raya and the Last Dragon

Nominated for: Best Animated Feature
How I watched: Disney+
When I fell asleep: I don't think so
When it had me: Snark
When it lost me: Somewhere in there
What I have to say:
This one is hardest to remember. I wasn't looking forward to it but I ended up enjoying it. When I try to remember it I get it confused with Shang Chi. They both had some dragons and secret locations that had to be defended. The main character had some snark and called a dramatic warrior "Princess Undercut" and I laughed out loud. I'm sure it had a good message? Something about needing to give trust first in order to receive it. And there was a creepy baby! I don't remember much else.

No comments:

Post a Comment