Monday, March 21, 2022

Three Movies I Barely Remember

Disclaimer: The following are movies watched during pandemic times from whence I have trouble recalling specifics.


Movie: Cruella

Nominated for: Best Costume Design, Best Make-Up and Hairstyling
How I watched: Disney+
When I fell asleep: Nah
When it had me: Very cool costumes!
When it lost me: So many times!
What I have to say:
I feel like a bad Disney fan but this movie did nothing for me. Too many song cues stacked right on top of each other (even though all of them were cool as hell.) Too little resemblance to the villain we know this character is going to be. Not enough basic logic. It was a romp that I should have had fun with, but didn't.


Movie: No Time to Die

Nominated for: Best Sound, Best Original Song, Best Visual Effects
How I watched: Prime Video
When I fell asleep: Often
When it had me: Ugh. No.
When it lost me: I honestly don't know
What I have to say:
The Daniel Craig Bond is the one I have enjoyed the most. Even so, with each ensuing movie, I have grown more tired and less tolerant of the whole game. I slept through large portions of this movie and felt angry for most of the parts where I was awake. I don't even know what to tell you about what did not work for me. I just didn't care. At all. We didn't hit it off and it made for a very painful date.


Movie: Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

Nominated for: Best Visual Effects
How I watched: In a Theatre!
When I fell asleep: No way
When it had me: Awkwafina
When it lost me: No
What I have to say:
This one I remember really loving, though it feels so long ago. I know my favorite thing about it was the best friendship between the two main characters and how they did not force it into a romantic relationship; they just let it be the magic of a really close friend. I thought that was beautiful. There was a magical land in China that was super cool and full of awesome characters and some weird animated creature. I don't know! I had fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment