Sunday, March 27, 2022

And Scene! Wrapping up 2021 Oscar Gluttony

Thank you for reading and commenting and being with me on my journey once again. I managed to watch every nominee this year. I finished my final film at 2 pm on Oscar Sunday, watching the documentary, Writing With Fire on my laptop via Vudu! Whew! Now I'm sitting down to eat cheese, apples and cinnamon honey while the red carpet gets kicked off.

I am still super pissed that the Academy decided to sideline several awards in order to 'save time' and appease the masses. They took out Film Editors, so I'm going to be fuming for awhile. But I am no less angry that the Short Subject films will not be included. To be clear, they will show us the winners, but they will pre-record them. Dumb.

I'm not giving my picks this year, I just want to call out my favorite moments in the films I have watched.

My awards go to:

Andrew Garfield belting out a song

Ariana Dubose dancing with so much flare

Kenneth Branaugh's intense and claustrophobic compositions

A daughter signing her song for her father in Coda

The majesty and detail of Dune being brought to the screen

Ariana Grande singing Just Look Up

A couple not cheating in The Worst Person in the World

Olivia Colman and Jessie Bickley showing me real motherhood on screen in The Lost Daughter

The total mania of The Mitchells vs. The Machines

The joy of Free Guy

Enjoy the broadcast if you choose to watch! Good luck to all of you with Oscar ballots!

No comments:

Post a Comment