Sunday, March 27, 2022

Spider-Man: No Way Home

Movie: Spider-man: No Way Home

Nominated for: Best Visual Effects
How I watched: AMC
When I fell asleep: No, silly
When it had me: Gen Z
When it lost me: I can't recall
What I have to say:
This was the LAST film we saw before omicron hit. I knew we were taking a risk and I was freaking out. I was wary of this film. The others have been good, we were due for a bad Marvel film, even after The Eternals came out. I felt like this would flop. I was wrong.

I felt like I didn't want to see Tobey McGuire and Andrew Garfield come back. I was wrong, again. I did! I did want to see them. I want to thank Marvel for bringing the Gen Z vibe into the Marvel universe. Watching the older Spider-Men grapple with their feelings of self worth, guilt, shame and PTSD is exactly what I needed and loved about this movie. It was done lightly enough but it also brought such human, behind the scenes look at the darker aspects of what being a superhero might be like.

I was surprised that we had to have a Spider-Man origin story built into this movie. It feels like I've seen so many times and with this incarnation of Spider-Man already having left the planet and blipped and all, it just felt unnecessary but, whatever.

Overall, Marvel is still doing their thing and doing it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment