Thursday, February 9, 2023

RRR

Movie: RRR

Nominated for: Best Original Song

How I watched: Netflix

When I fell asleep: Impossible

When it had me: From the start

When it lost me: I don't believe it did

What systems does it challenge: Imperialism

Content Warning: British Supremacy, Abuse, Some animal violence (but you are pre-warned it is all CGI)

This movie really won the hearts of my whole family. My husband's colleague recommended it and we LOVED it. It is a Tollywood film so you know to expect magical realism, big fights, big dances and epic stories. RRR delivers on all of that with extremely charismatic actors, absolutely insane "stunts" and a really kickass score.

The film is about two famous real life heroes of Indian rebellion and asks the question, what if they had met, become besties or even platonic soul mates? It manages to be laugh out loud funny at times, deeply disturbing at other times while always maintaining the highest of stakes and the whole way through, you just can't wait to see what happens next!

This film has already been rewatched at my house an alarming number of times for how long it is. It's looooooong. Three hours and 7 minutes. (Which in this case, does not make me angry; they pack a ton of story in!)

No comments:

Post a Comment