Friday, February 24, 2023

The Batman

Movie: The Batman

Nominated for: Best Sound, Best Makeup and Hairstyling, Best Visual Effects

How I watched: Regal

When I fell asleep: Oh, yeah, for a bit

When it had me:

When it lost me: a lot

What systems does it challenge: Organized Crime, corruption

Content Warning: Brooding! (JK)

I saw it so long ago. What do I remember first? It was too long! Two hours and 56 minutes! I was mad before I arrived.

Pattinson was fine; the casting felt mostly great for this. They went very noir which I should have loved. The visuals were pretty stunning. So why didn't I like it?

It was a noir mystery wrapped inside a mafia movie and shoved into a comic book superhero franchise. It's a cinematic turducken! Which, I guess is just too much for me to swallow. This movie wasn't too long because they couldn't make decisions in the editing room, it was too long because the couldn't make decisions in the writing room. They crammed too much plot in which made the whole thing feel messy to me. That being said, it is deserving of its nominations and maybe deserving of a second look from me some day? Maybe, maybe not.


No comments:

Post a Comment