Thursday, March 2, 2023

Turning Red

Movie: Turning Red

Nominated for: Best Animated Film

How I watched: Disney+

When I fell asleep: No!

When it had me: Talking about menstruation

When it lost me: don't remember

What systems does it challenge: Patriarchy

Content Warning: nah

Ok, this was a long time ago. I know I was so pleased to see puberty and periods actually talked about and acknowledged. I know they did a nice job of talking about generational trauma and the process of healing each new generation as we move forward. I remember being sad that the healing for the younger generation did not seem to equal healing for the older relatives in the film. I feel that healing works backward in time as well as forward, but that's just me. 

It was funny and original and a good watch!

No comments:

Post a Comment