Sunday, April 4, 2021

Love and Monsters

Movie: Love and Monsters
Nominated for: Visual Effects
How I watched: Amazon Rental
When I fell asleep: No way
When it had me: Early on
When it lost me: It didn't
What I have to say:

This movie was such a fun discovery! A family friendly action adventure in a post-apocalyptic setting. My whole family enjoyed it.

After insects mutate into large monsters, a young man decides to leave the safety of his underground colony to find an old girlfriend. A quest ensues.

The movie borrows from so many others; Zombieland, A Quiet Place, The Walking Dead, The Road, even Monty Python and the Holy Grail! But it borrows with love and respect and tells an enjoyable story. I had never heard of this film before and don't know if this movie would have been in the mix in a non-pandemic year? It's hard to guess, but it was a welcome gem for us to enjoy in the midst of a lot of "serious film."

No comments:

Post a Comment