Sunday, April 11, 2021

The Midnight Sky

Movie: The Midnight Sky
Nominated for: Visual Effects
How I watched: Netflix
When I fell asleep: Not a bit
When it had me: Immediately
When it lost me: I had a "that doesn't seem right" moment
What I have to say: 

This movie was a complete surprise to me. I had never heard of it before it got nominated, knew nothing about it and thoroughly enjoyed it. My favorite experience!

Directed by George Clooney, starring Clooney, Felicity Jones and David Oyelowo. The movie is a disaster played out through a small cast. The script is a tight presentation of the "everything that can go wrong, will go wrong" persuasion. I felt a low level anxiety about situations as they developed, not in a "oh crap, I can't handle this" sort of way but in the "I'm really invested and on the edge of my seat" way. I wish this had been nominated for script instead of Borat. Yeah, I'm still mad about it. So what?

This movie was "hard science fiction" which means my husband appreciated it. It also means the space travel in the movie was super cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment