Friday, April 2, 2021

The Life Ahead (La Vita Davanti a Sé)

Movie: The Life Ahead (La Vita Davanti a Sé)
Nominated for: Original Song
How I watched: Netflix
When I fell asleep: I did not
When it had me: Italian Language!
When it lost me: Not really
What I have to say: 

I was very excited to watch this film. Last year I took two Italian Language classes at PCC and I was eager to practice my listening skills. Unfortunately, this film is dubbed, other than a couple of short interchanges. Oh, well! 

I watched this one with my children and we all enjoyed it. It's a story of those people who live outside the margins of society, how they struggle and how they hopefully can find in one another the support that is denied to them within the empowered systems. Sophia Loren is great in this film, as are the child actors. 

This was a lovely balance of heartfelt without being a "tear jerker". I'm really glad we got a chance to watch this film. And the song that is nominated, Io Sí, is really beautiful (and it IS in Italian, so I get to practice!)

No comments:

Post a Comment