Sunday, April 18, 2021

The Mole Agent

Movie: The Mole Agent
Nominated for: Documentary Feature Film
How I watched: Netflix
When I fell asleep: Nope
When it had me: Old man in Spy Training!
When it lost me: I had some questions
What I have to say: 

A man in his 80s takes a job as a spy. His mission is to infiltrate a home for the elderly to assess the treatment of one resident in particular.

This movie had it all! An old man trying to learn spy tech? A retirement home popularity contest? An unlikely kleptomaniac? Yes, yes, yes.

It sets up a genuine mystery and then delivers on it. But more importantly it brings a level of humanity to the senior citizens that society likes to ignore.

The questions I had were about the inception of the documentary. Did they plan the spy mission first? Or the documentary? It's a small difference, but I wanted to know how authentic the entire premise was. Either way, it was very entertaining and enlightening.

No comments:

Post a Comment