Wednesday, April 21, 2021

The One and Only Ivan

Movie: The One and Only Ivan
Nominated for: Visual Effects
How I watched: Disney+
When I fell asleep: I wished for such relief
When it had me: No!
When it lost me: Talking animals!
What I have to say:  

I hate talking animal movies. I really do. I can't get over it. This movie was a kind of torture for me. I spent the first half hour enjoying the "guess the celebrity voice over" game and then it just got to be such a chore.

This is based on a popular children's book. I bet the book is enjoyable. But the movie has talking animals!

The movie presents the choice between freedom, which has zero security and is essentially brutal in nature, or safety and security from inside a cage. I've heard this argument from Republicans; that liberals create a cage around ourselves by trying to create a base level of non-brutality for everyone in a society. I guess this movie showed me that what I really want is to live in a really fancy zoo.


No comments:

Post a Comment